As soon as we began the establishment of Fazenda da Toca as an organic agriculture project we realized the need to internalize sustainability as a value for life and to build a new way of relating to people, animals and natural spaces. It was necessary not only to produce organic food, but also to start “living organic”.
We wanted to provide opportunities for self-development and a greater sense of belonging to children, young people and adults not only from the farm, but also beyond our gates, reaching new people.
And that’s how the Instituto Toca was born. A non-profit institution that believes that through integral development and ecological literacy, Education can be different: it can regenerate people and relations.
It is through the institute that we promote and disseminate what we believe here.
With its own innovative educational approach, Instituto Toca maintains:
– TOCA SCHOOL – an Experimental School for children from 2 to 6 years old at Fazenda da Toca
– REDE PROJECT – a partnership with municipal schools of Itirapina Public Education System – SP
– TOCA EXPERIENCES – a program of courses, events and living experiences in the areas of agriculture, education and food & nutrition.
Our work is based on four guiding principles:
- WE ARE INSPIRED BY NATURE, OUR TEACHER
- WE LEARN AND TEACH THROUGH SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCES
- WE CONSIDER THE INDIVIDUAL IN AN INTEGRAL WAY
- WE ACT THROUGH CO-CREATIVE PROCESSES
With those in mind we develop, exercise and customize what we believe according to the different needs and demands of each action that we promote at Instituto Toca.
And this is just the beginning.